Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Bunny has gone...

Yeah, so I had the best of intentions of keeping my blog updated, but Easter happens to me every year.  Like most other holidays, I'm unable to relax and enjoy.  It's one of the benefits of being in ministry.  I'm not complaining, mind you, but it does make celebrating holidays a challenge.  

So, Easter is done, and I'm staring down the barrel of the Love Revolution.  What do you do with that?  So many possibilities.  The song choices are endless.  I want to do them all, but there are only 5 weeks left!!!  Decisions, decisions....

I've had lots of requests to blog about our infertility/adoption struggle, so I'll do my best to sort of catch you up on what all has happened up to this point.  I know that some of this information might embarrass Sara and me, but I am willing to take that risk if what we are going through helps someone else.  

It all started with Sara and me back in 2006.  We had been trying to get pregnant for almost a year at that point to no avail.  Sara was not feeling well and experiencing some strange symptoms, so we decided that she should see her doctor.  Well, we were told that there was a possibility that she had PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome.  There is no way to determine absolutely if you have the syndrome, but it is a reason for infertility in many women.  After a couple failed attempts at getting help from her doctor, we changed to Dr. Smith in Beaumont.  He was wonderful!  He and his wife had gone through the infertility battle and knew what we were going through.  We felt as though we were finally going to get some help.  He told us that there were some medications to try, but if they didn't work, they would have to check me out.

That's where I'll leave it for now.  More to come, I promise.  It's almost cathartic to write about this.  It reminds me of how far we have come and gives me hope for the future.

Now, I shall attack Love Revolution.  We're gonna have fun in the WAM department!!!

Peace out --

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHHHHHH Neal, Dave and I definitely know the path of infertility, but just know that God can bless your family via adoption as he did our family, if you guys ever want to talk just send me a message on facebook, and I will pm you my number...I have faced the raging feelings of anger, hurt and despair of infertility..anyways HUGE hugs to you both...I know Sara doesnt know me..but I know her hurt and pain over this..praying for you guys

    ReplyDelete