Thursday, March 26, 2009

First things first...

I'm pretty pumped about this. I was on Myspace for quite a while blogging about my life, but then it got corny. Too many little kids running around. :-D

Vicksburg, MS is where I was born and raised. I lived there all my life until 1999 when I moved to Nederland, TX - my promised land. A vast majority of my family moved here from Vicksburg in the 1970s, and we visited here a lot when I was a little kid. I knew that I would one day move here, I just didn't know when.

Triumph Church of Southeast TX was the main motivation for wanting to be here. It certainly wasn't the scenery. At the time, it was the biggest and best church that I had ever seen. Pastors Randy and Renee' Clark (which were my cousins) had the best thing going, and everyone wanted to be here to experience it. It had the most intense music department around. At the time, I just wanted to be in the choir. That was all - just sing. My, how time changes things.

I am now the Worship Arts and Media Director for Triumph Church of Nederland, TX. I never dreamed that I would be sitting here doing what I do. It wasn't an easy road to get here, but I'm here. That's all that matters.

I met my wife in 1998 at a youth conference. She was one of the worship leaders for the conference. We met very briefly at that event. We later became very good friends beginning in 1999. After about 2 years of separation, we began a quick engagement and were married in about 8 months. God spoke to both of our hearts, and we were married on December 3, 2004.

Enough of that... More to come...

1 comment:

  1. wow you guys will have your 5th anniversary this December

    ReplyDelete